时间:2021-02-01 15:48 来源：陕西成考网 点击: 206 次
Part Ⅱ Vocabulary and Structure (30%)
Directions: In this part there are 30 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then blacken the corresponding letter on the answer Sheet.
16. She is more beautiful than _______ in the class.
A. any girl B. any other girlC. all the girlsD. any girls
17. Please don’t come here today. I would rather you ______ tomorrow.
A. came B. will comeC. comeD. are coming
18. Tom and John seldom go to the library in the evening, _______?
A. do theyB. don’t theyC. are theyD. aren’t they
19. It was in this room_______ they had a meeting yesterday.
A. which B. thereC. thatD. where
20. __________ it is very late now, the researchers are still working in the lab.
A. AsB. WhenC. If D. Although
21. _________ and you will make it next time.
A. Work hard B. To work hardC. Working hardD. Worked hard
22. Written is great haste, _______________.
A. Jim made a lot of mistakes in the report.
B. there are plenty of mistakes in the report.
C. we found several mistakes in the report.
D. the report is full of mistakes.
23. The number of primary schools in the rural areas _______ doubling in the past 50 years.
A. areB. isC. have beenD. has been
24. The key ________ success is hard work and persistence.
A. onB. toC. forD. of
25. The train starts ______ 6:20, so you’d better get there before 6.
A. onB. atC. inD. of
26. In the past we had only a day off for the whole week: we work every day_________ Sunday.
A. besidesB. besideC. exceptD. on top of
27. Though Thomas is very busy, he _________ one evening a week to play with his kids.
A. sets aside B. goes afterC. sees throughD. makes out
28. The top of that mountain is always covered ________ snow.
A. of B. byC. withD. on
29. He does morning exercises every day_______ make himself strong.
A. in order thatB. in order toC. so thatD. such that
30. The girl was not happy at the new school because she had __________ friends there.
A. fewB. a fewC. littleD. a little
31. Beijing, as the capital of _____ People’s Republic of China, enjoys _______ diverse range of people and cultures.
A. the; theB. a; aC. the; aD. a; the
32. Now I ______ to work by bike instead of by car as there are too many cars on the road in rush hours.
A. goB. wentC. am goingD. was going
33. Generally, snakes won’t attack humans ______ they are threatened with danger.
A. if B. sinceC. unlessD. while
34. An old man got badly ______ in the road accident yesterday.
A. injureB. to injureC. injuredD. injuring
35. Would you mind _______ James that father is coming to see him this weekend?
A. tellB. to tellC. tellingD. told
36. David left _________ raincoat in the room and went out.
A. hisB. himC. theirsD. them
37. This is by far _________ of the games I have ever watched.
A. the exciting B. the more excitingC. the most excitingD. as exciting
38. I can easily ______ him a golf.
A. hitB. strikeC. winD. beat
39. Janet _________” Good morning!” to the teacher and then came in.
A. saidB. spokeC. toldD. talked
40. Lucy doesn’t like outdoor activities. Her only __________ is listening to classical music.
A. customB. hobbyC. attitudeD. tradition
41. These facts ________ show that he’s not to be trusted.
A. singleB. soleC. aloneD. lonely
42. The room was not tiny. Shoes, socks and books were seen ________ on the floor.
A. now and thenB. here and thereC. hand in handD. side by side
43. She _______ her finger to her lips as a sign for silence.
A. roseB. raisedC. elevatedD. arose
44. ______ coffee is coffee that you can prepare very quickly, for example by just adding hot water.
A. Imaginary B. InstantC. ImpatientD. Intentional
45. Even if parents no longer live together, they each continue to be _______ for their children in the eye of the law.
A. reluctantB. toughC. responsibleD. modest