时间:2021-02-01 15:48 来源：陕西成考网 点击: 206 次
Part IV Cloze (10%)
Directions: There are 20 blanks in the following passage, and for each blank there are 4 choices marked A, B, C, D at the end of the passage. You should choose ONE answer that best fits into the passage. Then blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
During a trip to observe wild animals in Africa, I encountered the least brave animal on earth, the wildebeest(角马). I sat on a riverbank for three hours watching a group of thousands build ___56___ the courage to drink water.
More than a million wildebeests __57___ northward into the wetlands. It is a long, dry and difficult journey. Frequently, the only available water is the Grumeti River, __58__ represents both life and death. Unlike some creatures that can take moisture __59___the grass they eat, wildebeests must drink from the river to live. The river supports other wildlife, including __60____ that kill and eat other animals. Though thirsty ___61___ traveling, the wildebeests stand back from the water, sensing possible danger.
Moving slowly toward the bank can ___62___hours, as an individual wildebeest steps forward, steps back and then carefully steps forward again. More wildebeests gather together and advance, gradually pushing the leaders to the river, ___63___ they want to go or not. It’s been a long time ___64__ they drink last time, and you feel their anxiety for water.
Lions are possibly on the __65___, saving energy as they wait for an opportunity for lunch. Once the large group moves to the river, lions could __66__, making the group running in a wild and uncontrolled ___67___. The mad rush would raise a dust cloud that blocks the _68___ of the wildebeests nearby. A kill is almost guaranteed.
Sitting on that riverbank, I noticed that a young wildebeest finally stepped ahead and drank while the ___69__ adults held back. Soon, others began drinking. But __70__ lining up along the bank, taking turns, they gathered and pushed. Some had to walk farther into the water than they were __71___ to go. Those pushed farther in water got frightened and in ___72___ frightened the others. They all retreated hastily and returned to their route. Only the few that were ____73___ enough got a drink. The others went __74___. There was no danger that day. Only the wildebeests’ fear and ___75___ of courage kept them from drinking.
56. A. upB. outC. inD. over
57. A. visitB. travelC. seeD. swim
58. A. thatB. whichC. whereD. when
59. A. aboveB. underC. fromD. over
60. A. thisB. thoseC. thatD. them
61. A. amongB. aboveC. fromD. between
62. A. takeB. pay C. spendD. charge
63. A. whenB. whereC. whatD. whether
64. A. beforeB. becauseC. sinceD. though
65. A. watchB. sightC. shoutD. walk
66. A. rescueB. joinC. attack D. visit
67. A. solutionB. wayC. method D. role
68. A. fearB. shoutC. jumpD. view
69. A. fearfulB. confidentC. pleasantD. happy
70. A. regardless of B. instead of C. in case of D. in spite of
71. A. interestingB. pleasantC. willingD. reluctant
72. A. hopeB. storyC. stepD. turn
73. A. shortB. boldC. kindD. small
74. A. thirstB. hungerC. thirstyD. hungry
75. A. showB. graspC. lookD. lack