时间:2020-12-29 16:36 来源：陕西成考网 点击: 206 次
Part Ⅳ Cloze
Directions: There are 20 blanks in the following passage, and for each blank there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D at the end of the passage. You should choose ONE answer that best fit into the passage. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
A young woman was driving through the _56 countryside. It was dark and raining. Suddenly she saw an old woman _57 the side of the road, _58_ her hand out as if she wanted _59_. “I can’t _60_ her out in this weather,” the woman said to herself, so she stopped the car and opened the door.
“Do you want a lift?” she asked. The old woman _61 and climbed into the car. After a _62 she said to the old woman, “Have you been waiting for a long time?” The old woman shook her head. “__63_,” thought the young woman. She __64_ again. “Bad weather for the time of the year.” She said. The old woman nodded. No matter __65_ the young woman said the hitchhiker(搭便车的人) gave no answer __66_ a nod of the head.
Then the young woman __67_ the hitchhiker’s hands, which were large and hairy. Suddenly she __68_ that the hitchhiker was __69_ a man! She stopped the car. “I can’t see out of t he rear screen,” she said, “Would you mind _70 it for me?” The hitchhiker nodded and opened the door. __71_ the hitchhiker was out of the car, the frightened young woman _72
When she got to the next village she __73_ to a stop. She noticed that the hitchhiker had __74_ his handbag __75 She picked it up and opened it. She gave a gasp(喘气); inside the bag was a gun!
56. A. lovely B. lonely C. noisy D. crowded
57. A. at B. beside C. by D. near
58. A. holding B. to hold C. to be holding D. to be held
59. A. an aid B. a taxi C. a car D. a lift
60. A. permit B. leave C. allow D. order
61. A. answering B. shook C. nodded D. smiles
62. A. while B. moment C. time D. period
63. A. Curious B. Interesting C. Strange D. Wonderful
64. A. told B. did C. made D. tried
65. A. when B. which C. how D. what
66. A. except for B. apart from C. other than D. more than
67. A. saw B. noticed C. watched D. observed
68. A. recognized B. realized C. recovered D. remembered
69. A. practically B. basically C. actually D. probably
70. A. clear B. cleared C. to clear D. clearing
71. A. As long as B. As far as C. As soon as D. As well as
72. A. raced off B. ran away C. fell down D. moved on
73. A. pulled B. picked C. pushed D. paused
74. A. lift B. lost C. laid D. left
75. A. beneath B. behind C. backwards D. afterwards